Rukumoana (The Top Pā)
Rukumoana (The Top Pā) Marae is located just north of the junction between Tahuroa Road and Morrinsville-Walton Road, 6 km south of Morrinsville itself. Its principal hapū is Ngāti Haua and the wharenui is named Werewere.
The marae was built between 1915 and 1917 and used as a parliament house during the Māori King Movement. It gradually fell into disrepair from the 1920s, but was fully restored in the 1980s.
Marae:Rukumoana (The Top Pā)
Iwi / Rūnanga:Waikato